Contributing again

Dag danders at get2net.dk
Sat Jul 2 19:54:28 BST 2016

Hi, Friedrich.

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau skrev den 2016-07-01 13:20:
> Hi Dag,
>
> happy to see you back and giving Plan (and hopefully more) some needed
> love.
Thanks.

> When no-one had been found to take over maintenance, I felt Plan was
> some too
> good software to just wipe it, so took it as some playground and had
> done some
> what I considered "cleaning" and also tried to do the port to Qt5/KF5
> for it.
A lot of cleaning is very much needed, indeed. I will focus on the
release for know but I have a few things I have thought about for some
time we should maybe discuss a bit before you put too much effort into
it.

> So far I only roughly reached that porting goal. While everything
> builds and
> works to some initial degree, there is at least one big issue:
> during the port from KLocale (which is deprecated and in
> kdelibs4support) to
> Qt5's QDateTime with built-in timezone support I very possibly missed
> some
> scenarios and have broken something. At least the unit tests when run
> for
> timezones closer to the daybreak (e.g. Canada) begin to fail, where
> they work
> fine in European timezones. Also do the schedulers not return the same
> results
> as in Plan 2.9 IIRC. Had not yet found the time to tackle that.
Intriging behaviour, haven't looked at it yet, but as said in my other
post maybe using time_t in place of KDateTime could be a solution.

> Then the support for currencies from KLocale is not (yet) covered by
> Qt5, an
Shouldn't be a problem, see my other post.
> issue other projects like KMyMoney also face. No solution for that one
> besides
> keeping use of KLocale. Just has the disadvantage that there is no
> systemwide
> way to configure currency settings, as Plasma Systemsettings only
> supports
> what is exposed in Qt. So default currency settings can be only taken
> from the
> installed KLocale data. Not sure what to do here.
> Next to that there are some crashes due to libKGantt, but seems you
> already
> investigated there and fixed first (or all?), great :)
Have not looked at KGantt yet, the fixes where for KChart.

> Am Freitag, 1. Juli 2016, 11:10:03 CEST schrieb Dag:
>> Thanks, both.
>> Sure is glad you are still around, tackling words would be a bit
>> daunting ;)
>>
>> I ran the tests in libs and got a couple of errors, e.g:
>>
>> FAIL!  : TestXmlReader::testRootError() Compared values are not the
>> same
>>     Actual   (errorMsg)                                    : "Ekstra
>> indhold sidst i dokumentet."
>>     Expected (QString("Extra content at end of document.")): "Extra
>> content at end of document."
>>
>> I assume this is ok, just the returned errormsg is localized.
>> But, if I run in C locale, could this hide other problems?
>> I saw something in the git log about localized values in xml files.
>
> Oh, interesting, I never hit that one, perhaps I am missing some Qt
> translation catalogs in my install (and KDE CI as well).
> This test should rather see fixing IMHO. Running in C locale might very
> much
> hide other problems, actually at least in Sheets & Plan we currently
> have some
> tests failing due to locale problems.
>
>> and I get:
>> QFATAL : TestColorConversionSystem::testConnections() Test function
>> timed out
>>
>> Is this real, or can it be that my system is missing something?
>
> Timeout is real, yes. No idea yet what to do with too long running
> tests in
> general (also an issue in Marble, Krita, etc.).
I tried to increase ctest --timeout to 500 seconds but that didn't make
any difference so either its a different timeout, or its a bug in ctest.
Hmmm, maybe there is a way to send an "alive" signal to ctest?