Important must read: Splitting UI out of KoDocument

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed May 23 08:00:08 BST 2012

On Wednesday 23 May 2012 May, Marijn Kruisselbrink wrote:

> Well, I haven't quite studied what the effects of the KoDocument/KoPart split
> are; so if you have some hints on how to get to a view from a KoDocument
> instance after the refactor, the rest of at least the part of the code saving
> view settings should be trivial (is Sheets the only application that stores
> some of the view state in files?)

You cannot get a view from the KoDocument anymore, that's the point of it. You only can get a view from the KoPart. Getting the KoPart from the KoDocument is temporarily possible, but that connection  should be removed as soon as possible.

The reason is that we want to be able to use the document without creating a view at all: like right now, in OfficeTools, opening a document always creates a complete KoView instance, QWidgets and all, we just don't show it.

--
Boudewijn Rempt