Compass Shape Plug-in

Thorsten Zachmann t.zachmann at zagge.de
Wed Nov 23 03:08:37 GMT 2011

Hello Jean,

On Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:59:54 Jean-Nicolas Artaud wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am currently working on a workshop. For this I would like to
> show how to add a plug-in. This plug-in should be a compass
> shape (a circle with an angle basically) I've written some code
> for that (you can see it as a git diff joined). It is not ended, but
> I already have a trouble because nothing is added to the shapes
> and especially in the quickShapes. My question is, what is missing
> and/or wrong in my patch so that it could be added to the shapes ?

is there a good reason you want it to show up in the list of 5 quickly
accessed shapes. As there is limited space it should be used for important
shapes. A compass is not really something the user often needs. Or did I
misunderstand you question and the compass it not even showing up at all?

One think I notices in the

plugins/compassshape/CMakeList.txt

that you link to pathshapes which is also a plugin and therefore you cannot
link to. It seems not to be used so it can be removed I guess.

Thorsten