Switching shapes and tools: is it broken?

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Mon Jun 20 14:19:22 BST 2011

Mandag 20 juni 2011 13:17:27 skrev Dag Andersen:
> Mandag 20 juni 2011 11:37:13 skrev du:
> > On 20.06.2011 10:34, Dag Andersen wrote:
> > > Before the weekend I fixed a crash in ArtisticTextShape and, as Jan
> > > Hambrect pointed out, I unvittingly removed the functionallity to go
> > > direct between shapes. So I thought I'd find out how this *should* be
> > > implemented before I tried to put it back, but I can't!
> > > I can find code that afaics is supposed to do it, but it is never
> > > executed. It may be that it is just me being confused so I need to run
> > > this by somebody that is more familiar with the code than I am.
> > >
> > > There is two "types" of switches that can occure:
> > > 1) Switch between shapes with different tools.
> > > E.g. TextTool ->  ArtisticTextTool.
> > > 2) Switch between shapes using the same tool.
> > > E.g. TextTool ->  TextTool
> >
> > 3. Switch between shapes using a layer docker like in Karbon or Stage.
>
> Hmm, how is this different from 2?
OK, didn't dig deep enough, switching takes place *from* the layers docker.
OTOH layers are also handled in KoToolManager so I still don't see the need
for special code in the tools. Actually just by calling switchTool() instead
of KoToolProxy::setActiveTool() directly, swicthing between artistic text
shapes works. (Altough now the karbon tool does not work, they probably have
some special code too)

--
Mvh.
Dag Andersen