reviewrequest

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Jun 6 20:25:14 BST 2011

Am Montag, 6. Juni 2011, um 12:31:18 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> With a little help from perl, I replaced all occurrence of KOffice with
> Calligra in all permutations and all filenames. The diff is a bit too big
> to post here on the mailing list, so please check
>
> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/101521/

Converting the entities from general.entities is a *very* bad idea:

1) Lot of work for translators
2) No single line in the documentation is mor up to date

If you want to get rid of the koffice name and the koffice apps names, please:

1) Add to all index.docbooks in calligra docs:
<!ENTITY koffice "Calligra">
[same prodedure for all other koffice entities you'd want to replace with
calligra entities]

2) Add to kdelibs general.entities in branch + master:
<!ENTITY calligra "Calligra">
[same prodedure for all other koffice entities you'd want to replace with
calligra entities]

3) make at least one msgid in the translations for each documention fuzzy, by
changing literal strings e.g. kofiice.kde.org to calligra-suite.kde.org etc.

This way you change all koffice names to calligra name and minimize the burden
of translation teams.

--
Burkhard Lück