Calligra website (Re: "Marketing Message for Calligra")

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Thu Dec 22 21:08:08 GMT 2011

On 22 December 2011 21:52, Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 22 December 2011, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>> We all have the same idea regarding what to show. But the execution
>> differs. FOr each of the desktop/mobile phone/tablet/embedded it is
>> not possible to show even general idea on ~900-px-width-banner. The
>> screenshots are small and the text is small thus not accessible, as
>> your mockups demonstrate. This need some work. The idea is to have one
>> static banner (exactly what you did) but unclutter it a bit, and move
>> multitude of icons to the right-hand area, where the
>> imac/handset/tablet/etc. stands. and where slide transitions run.

> I must be missing something... 900px is not enough so we should use something
> even smaller ?

It's simple: on my version there's only _one_ screenshot at a time
instead of several smaller, hence there's place for a static banner
needed if we assume there is marketing in use.
BTW The mockup of imac may take more space than the final gfx like a
notebook or something.

The current calligra.org has this for stage:
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9274/78792983.jpg

PS: bug report: notice the misalignment too in a fresh updated firefox.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek