packaging feedback

Adrien adrien.grellier at laposte.net
Thu Dec 1 19:02:21 GMT 2011

Hi,

When packaging calligra beta 4, I got some issues :

– It seems to have a unnecessary dependency for calligratables :
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgslcblas.so.0 could be avoided if
"debian/calligratables/usr/lib/kde4/kspreadsolver.so" were not uselessly
linked against it (they use none of its symbols).

– When quitting a calligra application, I got a message « impossible for
KDEinit to launch calligrawords ». It happen every time on the closing of
the app.

– I forgot to mention that we have a patch since the first alpha versions to
correct a problem of version in braindump lib, you may be interested in :

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-kde/kde-
std/calligra.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/braindump_shlib-without-versioned-
soname.patch;h=4c952ac97dc66229d47a5d2653d5984574aef958;hb=HEAD

– finally there is no KDE crash dialog when a calligra app crash.

Regards,

Adrien