Random test failures...

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Tue Aug 30 15:20:09 BST 2011

On Tuesday 30 August 2011, Dag Andersen wrote:
> Tirsdag 30 august 2011 09:58:33 skrev Cyrille Berger Skott:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It actually seems we get a lot of random test failures this days:
> >
> > * Plan-TJTester (now pass, but failed on the previous run
> > http://my.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=225474 )
> > * krita-image-KisProjectionTest (now pass, but failed on the previous
> > run) * stage-part-TestCustomSlideShows and stage-part-
> > TestRenameCustomSlideShowCommand are randomly hanging after the test run
> > (see for instance:
> > http://my.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=7239540&build=226002 )
> >
> > I remember seeing others well (in plan's tests), if I see them again I
> > will update that list.
>
> Plan:
> The build error seems to be reports. Things go on in that module so we will
> see when it calms down.
Sorry, I paste a wrong link, I get this:

http://my.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=7235833&build=225827

> Otherwise, my relatively new scripting unit test fails afaics because kross
> cannot find python. Could this be fixed?
Yes, going to install krosspython.

> Then sometimes the CalendarTest times out (it normally takes a few
> milliseconds) with the output below. The test itself passes, but maybe a
> crash on termination? Btw, I've never seen this at home.
>
> Totals: 8 passed, 0 failed, 0 skipped
> ********* Finished testing of KPlato::CalendarTester *********
> kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kconf_update.so
> kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/kde4/kio_archive.so
> kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kconf_update.so
> kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi
> kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/bin/knotify4
> kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/bin/knotify4
> <unknown program name>(24535)/ main: Running knotify found
> Connecting to deprecated signal
> QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
> knotify(24532) KNotify::event: 1  ref= 0
> knotify(24532) KNotify::event: 2  ref= 0
> knotify(24532) KNotify::event: 272  ref= 0
> knotify(24532) KNotify::event: 273  ref= 0
> kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi

Sounds very similar to the stage-part-TestCustomSlideShows and stage-part-
TestRenameCustomSlideShowCommand.

The weird thing is that it seems to only affect a limited subset of test. The
only reason I can think of, that is different from running the tests "at home"
is that the tests are run concurently on the server (12 at the same time), so
maybe the load affects those tests.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott