Google Summer of Code Projects

Steven Kakoczky steven.kakoczky at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 02:45:03 BST 2011

Dear mentors, specifically Sebastian Sauer and Casper Boemann,

I know it's a little late, but I just found out about the Summer of Code a
few days ago and thought that it was a great excuse for me to finally start
working on an opensource project. Since it was short notice for me, I
figured I'd go for something I'm already familiar with, namely KDE and
Calligra. To be honest I have never worked on a real world project before,
but have been working on my Computer Science degree for three years now.
I've worked a lot with C/C++ and Java and have dabbled in Qt, but I've done
GUI design with Java Swing. The project that really interested me was
Implementing notes-support because I use notes/comments a lot in other
software that I use and think that it is a project within my experience
level to make a difference on. I would also be interested in finishing up
the Layout tool or helping to make the References tool. I will be submitting
applications for these through google as well, but I just wanted to get
communicating with the mentors now to judge the viability of me being on the
team right away.

freenode nick: skakoczky

-Steven Kakoczky