Poll of application names

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Wed Dec 1 08:53:24 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 01 December 2010 09:43:49 Inge Wallin wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 01, 2010 09:40:31 Inge Wallin wrote:
> > >
> > > Actually, I think it's up to the maintainers now. You get to choose for
> > > kword, Thorsten for KPresenter, Marijn for KSpread and Yue for Kivio.
> >
> > Meaning since you are not happy about the outcome you want to render the
> > whole vote invalid?
>
> This went away before I was finished, sorry.
>
> I meant to continue with that it does indeed seem to be a problem with the
> sets.  Perhaps we should do like Casper suggests and nail down Stage and
> Plan and vote individually on the rest?
I don't really want to open up a vote, but I also want a larger percentage of
us feeling good about the names, and I've heard several arguments against
individual names.

And yes I may have mixed my comments a bit in the previous role, but I'm not
going to propose another name for kspread because i don't like Calculate over
Tables that much anyway.

The point is that if we as a grup can come up with something we all like i'm
not opposed to changing, but it should be because we all like it, and not to
get another 50/50 result

So please use irc or personal mails to test out alternatives before suggesting
it on the ml. I'd say we should change the website to the B names now, and
take any change from there if it comes up.

I hope this clears it up.