[Appeal] Appeal & Tango: Care to Dance?

Steven Garrity stevelist at silverorange.com
Sun Oct 16 18:56:08 CEST 2005

Greetings all,
My name is Steven Garrity - I've been helping out a bit with the Tango
Project [1]. The goals of the Tango project seem to line up pretty
closely with the goals of the Appeal project.

Is there any interest here in talking to see what our projects could share?

I have seen some comments that the icon theme work happening on the
Tango project is too close to the Gnome visual style. If that's the
case, come and let us know! It's not too late to help steer the visual
style of the icon set.

There is also more to Tango (as with Appeal) than an icon theme. We'd
like to work on generally making the free/open-source desktop more
beautiful and enjoyable to use.

Something that might be a quick/easy win for all of us is the Icon
Naming Specification [2] at Freedesktop.org. This could make it easier
for both of our communities to share artwork (both ways). We could use
your help in filling out the spec as well.

I hope you don't see this as off-topic on this list - thanks for your time.

Cheers,
Steven Garrity

[1] http://www.tango-project.org
[2] http://tango-project.org/Standard_Icon_Naming_Specification