[Appeal] Appeal icon theme

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Tue Apr 5 17:41:16 CEST 2005

Aaron J. Seigo (aseigo at kde.org) schrieb:
> that's an interesting part of the vision that to date i'd been completely
> unaware of. i wasn't aware that we were trying to brand KDE with our
> project's name.
> the icon theme doesn't need a name that is globally unique. just icon unique.

Again I think that having a complete look named after a _single_ term is
easier
to market. The resulting visual identity of our vision doesn't need to be
brand-named after the project name. I thought it would be a nice-to have
though.

> Oxygen is probably fine, though. a quick google didn't turn up anything.

As I already pointed out "Oxygen" would be fine with me as well. I'd prefer it
though
if we named our _whole_ artwork theme after a single name.

> did Ximian name their icons and themes "Ximian"? i believe they called it
> things like "gorilla" and "industrial". (though i could be wrong on that one
> =)

Actually I think the Full Name is "Ximian Industrial"