[Appeal] Appeal icon theme

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Tue Apr 5 14:57:32 CEST 2005

> The problem of Oxygen is already a common name everywhere, what about
> O² but I think something better.

Like the Telephone Company "O2" ;-) ?

> > for the "APPEAL" brand. So I'd strongly favour "Appeal Icon Theme".
> I would prefere to have a different name for the icon theme, cause I
> don't think we'll have a: Appeal icon theme, Appeal Widget Style,
> Appeal Window decoration.

Why not? In fact I told you that it would be better marketing-wise to
have a common named overall "look" during the conference (just like "Aqua"
which does not only refer to the widget style alone but also to the
window decoration, the colorscheme and the icons).
Tying the look to the project's name is
definetly easier in terms of promotion and will have quite
some advantages.

> I don't know what is CGA and for me is the normal sheet paper I had in my

just think of pure CMYK and you get the idea what CGA is about colorwise.
If you are more curious have a look at

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/CGA

> school notebooks, and I really like this metaphor for text files
> better than pencils, sunglasses and so on... but these are details,

I like that idea, too. I just dislike this specific magenta-blue
color combination.

> it's not important define how the txt icon will be, is more important
> thinking how to make the various icons for the differents groups
> (action, toolbars, devices, filesystem, applications).

true.

Torsten