[Appeal] APPEAL Branding

tackat at t-online.de tackat at t-online.de
Tue Apr 5 13:40:07 CEST 2005

As I've already seen many different variations of the APPEAL-Brand I'd
like to explain why we should stick to a few distinct ones:

0) Always write the term "APPEAL" in uppercased letters. This is
important as it looks stronger, more important and more bold (it's one
of the reasons why you'll see many company names written in large
uppercase letters).
1) The Official full name should be "The APPEAL Desktop Project". Do not
use "The APPEAL Project" as this clashes with another different project
and maybe even with Trademarks (although in other categories than
software). Make sure that this one is used in announcements and
interviews.
2) The short name used in common language and as part of names for
APPEAL Desktop Project related names (like "APPEAL Icontheme" or
"appeal at kde.org") is APPEAL.