[Appeal] Draft for a "vision" document (based on Aaron's initial one).

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Apr 4 07:06:01 CEST 2005

On Sunday 03 April 2005 03:20, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > we don't need to list or detail every thing each of us doing. and more
> > importantly, we shouldn't try and create a "KDE vision". that will get
> > rejected out of hand by the community, and rightfully so IMO.
>
> Exactly.

btw, playing with a "short version of what we're doing" i came up with:

The Appeal Project was created to help realize the full of potential within
KDE through focussed, directed development efforts that strive to fulfill the
three principles of Appeal: breathtaking beauty, interface clarity and
technical creativity.

Collaboration between software developers, artists and usability experts is
seen as an integral part of achieving these goals and each of these groups of
expertise are well represented within the project.

The Appeal Project is made up of a number of concurrent sub-projects, or
_________s [1]. These projects currently include:

	Creation of a new icon theme and widget style
	Content browser
	Context Linkage Engine
	Desktop Rejuvination: Rethinking Kicker and KDesktop
	etc....

[1] not sure yet what to call each appeal "sub-project". would be nice to have
a cool word to describe that. a "sub-project" would be the new icon theme, or
the context linkage engine, or the content browser ...

oh, and sorry to keep harping on this, but, where's the logo and word mark
artwork that David and the other artists did at the meeting? i remember it
looking rather nice .... =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo