Amarok and PulseAudio

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sun Mar 20 10:16:52 UTC 2011

Hi Anne and sorry for the late reply,

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:39, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> What is the current status of Amarok with regard to PulseAudio?
>
> Twice I have persuaded PA to work with my new USB 5.1 system.  Each time
> Amarok has played two tracks, then part-way through the third one it has
> crashed taking PA with it.

Could you please make a bug report? We would need a backtrace to
analyse what is happening.

> Is there some configuration that I need to change?  Any other hints?

You can try changing the Phonon backend you are using, by now the vlc
backend and the gstreamer backend should work better than the xine
backend.

In any case, a crash with PulseAudio is more related to Phonon than to
Amarok, as Amarok is only using the underlying structure.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org