Crash at startup

Jose Vazquez Viader yachar1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 10:27:42 UTC 2009

2009/10/15 Donn Washburn <n5xwb at comcast.net>:
> On 10/14/2009 05:34 PM, Jose Vazquez Viader wrote:
>> Since a few weeks, when I start Amarok (git version) I get the following crash:
>>
>> console output: http://pastebin.com/d2d2bc76c
>> debug backtrace: http://pastebin.com/m7da173c5
>>
>> I download the git version all days, thinking to resolve de problem,
>> but it doesn't
>>
>> someone knows what can be related with?
>>
>> thanks a lot!;)
>>

> I had similar problems with SuSE after a up grade.  I chased it down
> after many efforts to
> "strace -fo amarok.err amarok" and then "less amarok.err".  The problem
> was /usr/lib/xine/plugins had two version of xine file.   Good Luck.

Thanks for your reply!!
I tried to view de strace output and I get a lot of "No such file or
directory" but I don't know if this is normal (maybe...)

Here is the output for:
$: strace -fo amarok.err amarok
$: cat amarok.err |grep 'No such file'
http://pastebin.com/d31aadd71

Complete output for strace command is too large....(53MB!). Is there
anything "concrete" to look for?

Yesterday I tried to remove the build folder and cmake files to
recompile all, but I got the same errors :(