Where to write CUE support code?

Casey Link unnamedrambler at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 08:53:38 UTC 2009

> The hard part is getting this stuff integrated into the local
> collection so tracks defined by a cue sheet can be part of the local
> collection on par with any other track.

This is indeed the hardest part. Identifying CUEs will have to take
place in the scanner, and, frankly, I don't even know if the database
schema could handle abstract track urls.

Right now a local track is identified by it's unique URL, e.g.,
/home/ramblurr/Music/01-OhYea.mp3. But to support CUE tracks the
scanner will have to:\

1. Locate the CUE when scanning
2. Parse the CUE into timecode tracks
3. Enter the split tracks into the database.

So a CUE track's url might look something like
/home/ramblurr/Music/01-OhYea.mp3;path_to_cue;begin_point1;end_point1

Casey