Testing Request for KDE+PulseAudio users

Martin Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Tue Oct 6 21:58:44 UTC 2009

 Tirsdag 6. oktober 2009 21.45.58 skrev Greg Woods :
> However, I wouldn't say that it is of little use. What it mainly does
> (other than networked audio) is allow multiple inputs and multiple sound
> cards. For instance, if I run amarok without pulseaudio, then no other
> sound apps can work.

This is a problem with the configuration of ALSA (the actual sound system) in
your distro (or on your machine, if you've configured it manually). Please
file a bug report with your distribution.

ALSA, vanilla and with the default configuration from upstream, should have
support for mixing of multiple streams (either through hardware mixing, or
software mixing (using the dmix plugin), set up automatically if your card
doesn't support hardware mixing).

This is yet another reason I don't like PulseAudio (personally); people try to
fix sound on Linux in the wrong place...

--
Martin T. Sandsmark