MySQL library initialization failed (on "init")

Thomas Klausner wiz at NetBSD.org
Sat Oct 3 23:12:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 12:47:42AM +1100, Dima Panov wrote:
> Confirmed, this works on FreeBSD.

Following Jeff's latest suggestion, I added two patches to
mysql-embedded, setting HA_MAX_KEY_LENGTH to 4000 (instead of the
default 1000). That didn't help either. I browsed FreeBSD ports
cvsweb, but didn't find any other patches touching mysqld. One
other patch about mysqld exiting too happily referenced from
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/MySQL_Embedded is already
included in 5.1.36.

So completely out of clues now. Does anyone have any?
 Thomas