Amarok 2.2 "Sunjammer" released

Martin Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Fri Oct 2 12:28:27 UTC 2009

On Friday 2. October 2009 10.09.25 İşbaran Akçayır wrote:
> Actually most people are not interested in these fancy stuff..

It is good to see that you have done an extensive study on Amarok users and
their needs and wants. Care to share the raw data you've collected with us
mere mortals? :-)

> i've been watching amarok2 from the beginning closely, and i think you
> should really start concentrating on crashes, performance and important very
> best and basic functionalities of amarok that people are used to.

So you imply that they haven't been fixing bugs? How do you explain the 654
closed bugs, then? :-P
I haven't really had Amarok crash in quite a while, which is weird considering
that I'm following Git. :-D

And in my experience, the performance has been much improved too (for example
while scanning).

Last but not least this release adds some basic functionalities that people
are used to, like playing audio cds.

> I dont really care if i can move the widgets around while amarok starts
> in 2-3 minutes, eats 100% cpu while scanning collection, (also freezes
> if you want to quit while scanning, leaves collectionscanner process
> behind ..) slows down while resizing or changing layouts (this might be
> related to kde) etc. etc. ..

If you have bugs, see if they're already reported, or report them to the bug
tracker, not on the mailing list.

And which widget style are you using?

> I love amarok too, i'm proud of it also, but i'm sure i'm not the only
> person experiencing these major problems, you cant rock the world this
> way, most of the pple i know, started thinking about another lightweight
> alternative.

You seem to be the only one, if your bugs aren't already reported. :-P

And most of the people I know are extremely happy with Amarok 2.2. :-D

> I'll send bug reports, feedbacks, debug infos in my spare times about
> these problems

Then the developers will try to track down your bugs and fix them in *their*
spare time.

> but some of them have been staying there for ages and i think you too are
> aware of them from the beginning, so here comes the first paragraph i wrote
> again best wishes, and regards

Same to you!

--
Martin T. Sandsmark