Questions about 2.1.1

Robert Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Sun Nov 15 21:55:31 UTC 2009

I've just installed the new OpenSuse 11.2 with KDE 4.

(What a contrast with 11.0!)

It comes, of course with Amarok 2.1.1.

And both sound and video worked out of the box, including Amarok!

I'm pretty favourably impressed, but I'm trying to figure out how to do some
things that those of you who were early migrators can probably tell me about.

First, much of my audio collection is NOT music. So I've usually included a
relevant .jpeg in the folder containing the audio. With Amarok 1.4 I didn't
have to do anything else - Amarok would find the picture and display it.

Is there anything I need to do to make this happen? I don't see any relevant
configuration options.

Second - when I finish a playlist, amarok just stops and refuses to play when
I load another playlist. It won't play again unless I quit amarok and restart
it.

Is there some setting for this?

Thanks, Bob