ERROR: Couldn't attach to DCOP server!

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon May 11 23:46:48 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 06:28:19PM -0400, Orville Bennett wrote:
> > Again, I already have a remote control and  I have a Perl
> > script that reads the key presses.  So, all I need is the interface
> > to control Amarok.

> Which would probably be kdelirc, which is unavailable in KDE until 4.3.
> There are probably ways to do what you want by settings amarok
> shortcuts to correspond to your remote keys.
> Nope, don't know how.

Ok, well at least I can do a few things, e.g.:

    amarok --play|--stop|--next|--pause

And then control volume separately.  Nowhere as nice as my interface
last year with DCOP, but will do.

My remote is getting pretty old.  Maybe next year there will be an
iPhone app I can make work with Amarok.  I have one for my Slim
Squeezecenter and it's pretty handy.

--
Bill Moseley.
moseley at hank.org