Double Checking the Regression Testing Suite

N Randolph yoshikira at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 17:08:30 UTC 2009

It's me again. This will be the last e-mail for a good long while. Due to
lacking creativity, I am going to go down the Regression Test Suite avenue.
Just to make sure I don't propose something unrealistic:

Would a person be able to create test code for every 'component' (I'll
define that later) of amaroK and then create a program that would easily run
any combination of the test code within the summer? Oh, and also implement
somewhere in there (some research is needed here) a means of comparing test
results. The main question is if this could be done for all of amaroK in a
summer...... roughly.....

As for the size of the individual test 'components', how detailed could the
test suite _reasonably_ get? For example, the smallest component would be
one test code that encompasses anything under/related_to "using external
media devices", or perhaps the smallest test component would be just testing
a class that is used in working with media devices..... or somewhere in
between. This is referring to the idea of being able to choose what you
test.

I hope the questions aren't too confusing. These are just fine, nit-picky
stuff.

-Nelson