20090321TS -- Re Amarok Build 20090312

Gary Steinert gary.steinert at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 12:07:30 UTC 2009

Hey Bruce,

First of all we need to know which version you are running. I am not familiar
with 1.4.x, but as far as 2.x goes, you can simple add a single track to the
playlist and play it. This way, once the track has ended it will simply stop
playing, as there are no more tracks in the playlist.

There are a few ways to go about this:
 - Clear the playlist with the clear playlist button at the bottom, then drag
the track into the playlist.
 - Drag the track over the CV (the center panel) and drop it on the 'Load'
target. This will load only that track into the playlist.
 - Right click on the track in the collection browser an select 'Load'

Unfortunately I dont believe there is a way to bypass the playlist, but this
should solve your problem.

Gary Steinert

On Sunday 22 March 2009 04:41:41 bmacasuru wrote:
> Greetings --
>
> Please allow me to begin by recognizing the fact that I really AM a
> "weird duck"!
>
> I have a partially-functional openSUSE 10.2 -- AND a newly installed
> Kubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) -- on my computer.  In the openSUSE variant
> of Amarok, I can play a song without having it forced into a playlist --
> and I like this very much.  It seems as if I cannot have this effect
> under the Kubuntu variant; I do NOT like this!
>
> Is there any way that I can tell the new Amarok to make NO playlist
> automatically -- to let me simply play the music I want, when and as I
> want?
>

> Let me explain a PART of the reason for my preference.  I am not
> particularly talented, but I play the Dobro.  I have some songs that I
> like to play along with.  There are a few songs which are recorded with
> a "pregnant" ending.  Sometimes, I like to add a little -- but that gets
> seriously interrupted by the next automated song.  Getting away from
> this (which is common on the CDs!) is one reason for my enjoying savings
> songs to my HDD.  So the new features of Amarok effectively subvert the
> best of its previous characteristics for me!
>
> I realize that I am one out of so-many million, but is there any way
> that I can effectively "downgrade" or set the new version so that it
> works for me?
>
> THANK YOU for your time with this -- admittedly peculiar! --Some work on
collection track counts and click handling
> message!!!!!
>

> 布鲁斯 麦克阿瑟
> Bruce   Mac Arthur
> 15875 Switzer