summer of code: Code regression test suite, implemented with QtScript

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 18:28:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Igor Trindade Oliveira
<igor_trindade at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Igor Trindade and i was talking about Mark Kretschmann
> in IRC and he suggest me send a email to this list talking about my idea for
> this project and about me.

I'm moving this to amarok at kde.org since thats where we're talking to
students (despite what Mark might have said :D).

> the project.
>
> The project would be divided in two parts. The first one is port akonaditest
> to use amarok(can be done in two weeks), akonaditest basically create a new
> environment so ,for example when run tests the developer data does not stay
> compromised( i am akonaditest author).
> the second part is write the regression test and the unit test library for
> Amarok and integrate it with CMake.

I love that you already have experience with testing since we have no
experience. :) Amarok has one unit test in trunk... and it doesn't
work.

Is there something akonadi-specific about akonaditest currently
(outside of its name?) Maybe perhaps instead of "porting to Amarok"
you could make it generally useful for Qt applications (or is it
already?) As you can tell, I don't know much about akonaditest. Since
the KDE community as a whole decides which projects are accepted, its
better if you can make clear that your project assists the broader KDE
community (only if that makes sense of course).

The next step is to write up an actual proposal. It needs a lot of
detail, a timeline etc etc.

> Bio
>
> i work with Qt and KDE since last year working with Akonadi and i am doing
> computer engineer university in Brazil(third year). i have experience with
> software tests(top down and bottom up) in desktop and small devices.

Are you related to Alexandre Oliveria btw? :)

Ian