Edit Track Details

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Sat Jul 18 11:43:27 UTC 2009

Steve Blass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've encountered an 'Edit Track Details' phenomenon while running Amarok 2.1.1
> under Kubuntu 9.04 with KDE 4.3.2 rc 2, and I've attached a PDF document for
> illustration purposes.
>
> I ripped files to mp3 using MediaMonkey under WinXP and subsequently
> transferred the mp3 files to my Kubuntu PC. I noticed that the 'Artist'
> information wasn't what I was expecting, showing instead what is termed 'Album
> artist' in MediaMonkey.
>
> So I used Amarok's Edit Track Details function to edit the 'Artist' info and
> followed with a Save & Close. Despite what the dialog says, Amarok doesn't
> change the 'Artist' info, and it still reflects the 'Album artist'.

This may be fixed by simply closing Amarok and re-opening if it's just
bad cached data in the collection browser. If the actual problem you are
experiencing is that it does not actually write the new information into
the tag, then this problem is fixed in SVN trunk, which will be the
upcoming Amarok 2.2.

--Jeff