Collection Scanner Missing Files

Tycho Andersen tycho at tycho.ws
Fri Jul 17 14:26:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Jeff Mitchell<mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
> Tycho Andersen wrote:
>>> mtimes of folders are updated when the folder is touched, or when files
>>> are removed/added to the folder. So simply editing a file will not
>>> update the mtime of the containing folder and thus the collection
>>> scanner will not pick up the change unless you force it by touching it.
>>
>> Interestingly enough, when I touch the afflicted folders, the next
>> collection scan seems to pick up the files. It doesn't make sense as
>> to why they wouldn't be picked up on the first scan, but it's at least
>> a work around.
>
> What doesn't make sense? You just confirmed that it works exactly how I
> described it working.

Sure, on the second scan. The folders contained tracks which were
missed on the first scan and not added to the database, for no
apparent reason. This is the behavior that doesn't make sense to me.
Touching the folder and forcing a re-scan of the collection seems to
be a reliable way to pick them up the second time, though.

Tycho