Curiosity... anyone thinking/working on a spotify plugin/source thingy

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 16 10:17:21 UTC 2009

'Twas brillig, and Nikolaj Hald Nielsen at 16/07/09 10:56 did gyre and
gimble:
> I think it should be very possible to integrate this stuff into Amarok 2
> as a service. What a service basically needs is just a way to search and
> list content, and it would seem that the libs offer this.

cat $subject | s|plugin/source thingy|service'

I couldn't remember the right terminology when composing the subject
earlier... :p

/me tries to commit "service" to memory!

> We even have a staging area in the amarok source code where you could
> work on this stuff at your own pace, without having to worry about
> release schedules, feature freezes and so on.
>
> If you want to discuss this idea in more details, you should drop by
> #amarok on irc.freenode.net <http://irc.freenode.net>

I thought this library proably provided the necessary API to work as a
service. If I'm honest tho', I was more interested in seeing if some
else had done all the hard work already :p

I may take a pop at it, but god my hands full with other stuff right
now, but perhaps musical inspiration will help me do the other stuff
quicker :)

I'll let the list know if I start to work on it, but if anyone else
feels the inspiration, please just go for it :)

Cheers just now.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie