Copy album to location

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Thu Apr 16 11:32:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Sven Eppler <sven at sveneppler.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i got various "Various Artists" albums. My songs are organized by
> Artist/Album/Song.mp3. In Amarok this isn't a Problem because of the
> "Various Artists" view. But when i now want to copy all songs of a given
> VA-Album i start to struggle. The only thing i can do is copy the entire
> VA-Album to Mediaplayer or Burn a CD. I even tried to trag and trop the
> VA-Album from the collection view to the files view. This at least looks
> like it would work (the mousecursor changes accordingly) but nothing
> realy happens.
>
> Is there any way to copy all songs in the VA-Album to a directory of
> choice?
>
> Sven

I do that by copying the compilation albums separately from the rest.
I adjust the destination path different for compilations, soundtracks
and normal albums. It would be nice to have a different destination
path for compilations so I can run the copy for all albums at once. I
would still need to do the soundtracks manually though.

I've got "Compilation in file renaming" in my TODO list, but with my
workload I will probably not reach it :) I'm also not familiar with
the code.

Bart