externalized libraries - rationale for not optional

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sun Apr 5 16:33:27 UTC 2009

Caleb Cushing wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:

>> The bottom line is that you need a good justification to make
>> something optional.
>
> I disagree... you need a good reason to make it not optional.

These items were never optional.  Making these items external doesn't change
that.  Introducing such flexibility (and complexity) requires thought,
discussion, and work/effort to implement.  None of that has happened (yet).
Arguing by fiat (I want it, make it so), isn't a constructive exercise.

-- Rex