Various Artists GSoC project

Simon Bühler simon at aktionspotenzial.de
Wed Apr 1 08:07:32 UTC 2009

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> However, this brings up a question: is it worth having a (presumed) SoC
> slot spent on such a niche and Amarok-specific feature.  I don't know
> the answer to this.
>
> --Jeff

this is - depending on the different kind of music collections everybody has -
definitely not a niche feature but a central and crucial point for any big
collection which contains a lot of VA mixtapes, samplers and EPs (like mine
does)

this isn't meant to be an answer to the SoC slot but i just felt the need to
emphasize the necessary for *any* work - imo the more compatible with existing
solutions the better - that improves the situation for big collections
handling.

greets
simon