Restore Amarok MySQL dB

Brian Blater brb.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 16:31:32 UTC 2008

I've just recently joined this list but have been an avid user of
Amarok for quite some time now. Currently I'm using either Kubuntu or
Ubuntu Studio as my desktop of choice. Last week I decided to
reinstall my Ubuntu Studio to get the 8.04 version (I was on 7.10). So
before shutting down and installing I did a mysqldump of the amarok
db. After installing the new OS I restored the MySQL db. However, all
my stats and especially my ratings are gone. I used the ratings in
several smart playlists and don't want to have to totally redo all the
ratings for my entire collection. Is there something I forgot to do in
the backup and that is why I didn't get the ratings? Is there some way
to get the ratings out of the backup db file?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian