Mac packages! Redux.

Orville Bennett illogical1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 23:17:03 UTC 2008

On Sep 1, 2008, at 9:24 AM, Orville Bennett wrote:

> Are not coming soon unless you help. So I hear that people have been
> asking for mac packages, but so far no one has stepped up to help.
> I've been working, along with the kde-mac team (mac.kde.org), to
> provide kde packages for os x. Obviously since amarok is a part of
> kde it's automatically included in that equation.
>
> HOWEVER, lack of available manpower and real world obligations have
> slowed things down. That is why I am appealing to you wonderful
> amarok users for help. Volunteers with 10.4 intel and/or powerpc
> macs welcome.
>
> Previously I was working on 10.5 universal packages. In order to
> move forward with this I needed universal builds of the pth, gpgme,
> boost and boost-jam packages from macports however. As of two
> minutes ago I decided not to bother so volunteers with 10.5 powerpc
> macs also welcome.
>
> I'll also need testers to test my forthcoming 10.5 intel-only
> packages. Cheers :-)

Here I was getting all worked up on why no one's provided any feedback
to my packages when I realized I only sent the e-mail to myself. This
is what happens why you try to do things @ 4 a.m. in the morning when
you _really_ want to sleeep. Here's what you should've seen:

10.5 intel leopard only (*this is actually only half true) packages
can be found @ : http://illogic-al.org/uploaded_pkgs.zip
Yes, you have to click on and install all of those (for now).
The order doesn't matter but you need every single one. I know. I'm
evil.
Stop complaining, they actually work. Apps will be in /Applications/KDE4

Caveats:
1. You will need to log out/login or reboot before things work properly.
2. This will destroy any existing macports installations
3. No icons first run? Quit app and start again.

Last minute issues you lucky bastards won't see because I am the awesome
4. Crashes due to libphonon.dylib relocation issues.
5. amarokcollectionscanner hates you.
6. The url linked to above might not be live yet (1 hr 2o mins to go)
but that's where the packages will be.
7. Conflict between qt's phonon and kde's phonon when installing
phonon.pc.

* Many of the prerequisites are universal packages. All of the kde
packages are intel only however.

P.S. Sorry I'm late :-)