[Feedback] Amarok 2

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 10:20:22 UTC 2008

Hi Josue,

Thank you for your feedback.

While we at Amarok HQ all love Amarok 2, we are very aware that for
some users, there are featured from 1.4.x missing in the initial 2.0.0
release that they cannot live without. Most of these features were not
removed because we think that they are don't worthwhile, but simply
have not been ported to Amarok 2 yet. I highly recommend reading
Mark's excellent blog post on the topic of missing features. Your
decision to stick with 1.4.x for now is most likely what is right for
you, but hopefully, many of the features that you are missing will be
added to Amarok 2 soon after the initial 2.0.0 release.

One thing that you should be aware of though, is that Mandriva 2009
shipped with a pre beta 2 version of Amarok 2, and there are a _huge_
number if bugfixes that has happened since then.

- Nikolaj