[Feedback] Would like to join the development team of Amarok

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 09:02:19 UTC 2008

Hi Dave

> My name is Dave, I'd like to join the development team of amarok. Could
> someone please let me know the mailing list to join and details.

That sounds great! We can always use all the help we can get :-)
) way of getting in touch with us, is to join us on IRC channel
#amarok on irc.freenode.net

> I love using amarok and would like to give something to the community as well
> as work on something I enjoy so much :)

This is how most of us got started!

Right now, we are working on getting Amarok 2 ready for its first
stable release. This means that it is not really the time to start
adding new features, but also means that bug fixing is super
important. To have a look at the bugs that currently needs fixing,
look here: http://tinyurl.com/5thjks

Some bugs that we think are suitable for new contributors ( because
they are relatively simple and limited in scope ) are listed as
"Junior Jobs" and can be found here:
http://tinyurl.com/amarokjuniorjobs

If you show up on IRC, we can help you get a development environment
up and running and figure out what you can start out working on!

- Nikolaj