Comments chopped at 28 chars

Leif B. Kristensen leif at solumslekt.org
Wed May 28 13:07:11 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 28. May 2008, Ian Monroe wrote:

>Agreed. I'm not really familiar with audiotag though, could you try
>with the following tool, I've used it before and I'd consider it
>authoritative:
>http://eyed3.nicfit.net/

$ eyeD3 01\ Perdido.mp3

01 Perdido.mp3        [ 19.54 MB ]
Time: 8:30      MPEG1, Layer III        [ 320 kb/s @ 44100 Hz - Stereo ]
ID3 v2.4:
title: Perdido          artist: Ella Fitzgerald
album: First Lady Of Song [Disc 1]              year: 1949
track: 1                genre: Jazz (id 8)

No comment at all here ... so it seems that the (partial) comment is
only being written to the id3v1 "layer".

IIRC, the id3v2 program is only reading/writing id2v2.3 tags. Audiotag
is probably even more out of date.
http://solumslekt.org/ | Cruising with Gentoo/KDE
My Jazz Jukebox: http://www.last.fm/user/leifbk/