Export playlist, dcop usage, etc.

Nils Schlupp nils.schlupp at gmail.com
Sat May 17 23:44:54 UTC 2008

On Saturday 17 May 2008 00:01:19 Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 10:02:37PM -0500, Nils Schlupp wrote:
> > > Also, I like the Queue feature to queue a song to play next.
> > > If I have a filename of a song on disk is there a way via dcop to tell
> > > Amarok to queue that file?  I want to be able to use dcop to insert a
> > > song into the current playlist.
> >
> > Check the Amarok Dcop docs:
> > http://docs.kde.org/kde3/en/extragear-multimedia/amarok/the-dcop-interfac
> >e.html
>
> Thanks, yes I looked at that before posting and didn't see that
> feature, but was not sure if I understood all the options.
>
> I also see an "--enqueue" option to Amarok, but it still adds it to
> the end of the play list, and what I'm looking for is a way to add a
> song to play next via either dcop or the command line.

Hmmm,
I just read this: http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/amarok/2007-August/003991.html
I dont know what the current status on it is, and if it has been implemented,
you might want to check with those people in specific.
[quote]
* Functions to manipulate the queue:  Get queue list; get queued track at
index N; append tracks to queue; insert tracks at index N; move a track up
in the queue by +N or -N; remove track(s) by index/name; be notified of
additions to the queue;
[/quote]

Nils