last.fm idea... and db exports/imports

Anders Ossowicki and at vmn.dk
Tue May 13 17:02:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 03:20:36PM +0100, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Luis_Pab=F3n_ wrote:
>    Just for Amarok I would imagine, I believe you can already access this
>    info by using the audioscrobbler API.
Not really - the information needed for this (all tracks submitted by a
user - not just the top fifty artists or tracks or albums) aren't readily
available from the audioscrobbler API[1]. In fact I'm pretty sure it's not
possible to snatch them from there, so if this should be implemented in Amarok
it would require some changes to audioscrobbler.

You could, I suppose, traverse through each and every week's track
chart, but even that won't show you everything since not everything you
play necessarily shows up in that chart.

[1] http://www.audioscrobbler.net/data/webservices/
--
Anders Ossowicki
My quantum yoyo has no need for your silly gravity!