SQL support

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 14:59:25 UTC 2008

On 7/29/08, Leif B. Kristensen <leif at solumslekt.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 29. July 2008, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> >Yes, support for MySQL (embedded and optionally external) is in the
> >works. In fact MySQL will become the only database supported by Amarok
> >2.
>

> Huh? No PostgreSQL support?

No. The work required to maintain different DB standards and features was
becoming too great. It greatly simplifies our own internal code and our
handling of the DB if we standardize on one fast, straightforward, method.

MySQL-e it is!
leo
Leo Franchi
7016 Wandering Oak          lfranchi at kde.org
Austin                        leonardo.franchi at tufts.edu
cell: (650) 704 3680
TX, USA                              home: (650) 329 0125