[Feedback] Amarok und WOW

Gregory Meyer greg at gkmeyer.com
Sun Jul 13 12:53:51 UTC 2008

Just as Mike Oldfield can't complain about our using the name Amarok
for a music player, I don't think we have anything to say, nor is he
doing anything wrong, by naming a guild in WoW Amarok, which as he
points out is the inuit word for wolf.

Even if we owned a copyright or trademark on the name, the use of the
word in WoW is for a sufficiently different purpose that I don't think
it matters anyway.  However, IANAL, so take that for what it's worth
:p

Does anybody else disagree?