[Feedback] Copyright

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Wed Jan 23 07:02:17 UTC 2008

Wednesday 23 January 2008 skrev Joel Wiramu Pauling:
> We had issues with this, the wolf is the otherway around. amarok did not
> derive anything from the game, but we changed the logo  when we discovered
> this. There was a wiki page about this not sure if it's still there.
>
> On 23/01/2008, SHORTY_DR at hotmail.com <SHORTY_DR at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Dylan sent a message using the contact form at
> > http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
> >
> > I was looking at your website from a link at digg.com when i saw your
> > logo,
> > there is a MMORPG called Runescape ran by Jagex.LTD, one of their
> > features on the game is a skill called Summoning, the icon for summoning
> > is practically identical to your company logo.
> >
> > just thought id let you know

  That's not true - the company we had problems with was Warp Graphics, the
people behind the ElfQuest comic book series. The problem wasn't that they
were "practically identical" but that the guy that did our logo at the time
had actually used their logo (by proxy of someone else who'd stolen it, a
school iirc) as the base for our one. This was resolved to everybody's
satisfaction when someone took it up and redid the logo in a slightly
different style - it wasn't just mirrored as you say, it was actually redone.
The Warp people (and the questers who first drew attention to it) are now
very happy with it, and think the new logo looks very nifty - no, sorry, i
don't have a link to the post on The Scroll of Colours (the ElfQuest fan
forums) about this, but... it's in there somewhere ;)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://www.leinir.dk/

                          Co-