Interesting UI Mockups: possible ideas for Amarok 2.1.x

athing at ippimail.com athing at ippimail.com
Sat Dec 27 19:57:26 UTC 2008

The second mockup makes a very good point: I do not want to add music to
my playlist and get information about it simultaneously. The division of
most of the area into playlist/(visualization/context
information/collection/Internet services) would be a great improvement by
making neither the collection nor the context view feel crowded.

IIRC I read somewhere on the wiki once that visualizations would probably
return as a context view applet. Visualization and context information
should be separate like in the mockup, though. Are you really going to pay
attention to a visualization and read at the same time?

I think though that the devices view should be integrated into the
collection, much like it is now. Somewhere there should be information
about the device, like type and space available, but I am not sure where
this would fit. This could be expanded to include showing information
about the filesystem that the local collection is on (I keep my music on a
separate partition).

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com