Various Artists in Amarok 2.0

Jan Holthuis jan at holmek.de
Tue Dec 16 15:06:30 UTC 2008

At the moment I suppose Amarok2 should stick with the
Amarok 1.4.10-way of handling compilations. I have to agree
with Stuart: My collection browser is way to full as long as collections
are not grouped under »Various Artists«. Just to remind you: If you do
not like that grouping, you can still select »Do not show under Various
Artists«. In that case, the compilation will be split up and shown under
every single artist.

Related to you second point:
I believe the problem of »auto-recongnizing compilations« is that there may also be diffent albums by
different artist that have the same name (e.g. »Greatest Hits«). How to
distinct between compilations and these albums?