Abstract idea of Song instead of pure file management

Cody Christensen codyregister at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 03:39:01 UTC 2008

On Saturday 06 December 2008 8:12:55 pm Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Cody Christensen wrote:
> >>
> >> Already in the works.  :-)  Soren had a separate binary, but we'll be
> >> integrating them (and possibly other song-scanning functions) into the
> >> same program to provide easy, consistent output for scripts.
> >>
> >> --Jeff
> >
> > Are you saying that someone is already working on the idea in this
> > thread? or are you just talking about Soren's song analysis?
>
> Sorry, I meant to quote the following paragraph:
>
> Sorry if I was not clear. The only reason I brought up the more robust
> AFT is that I remember you saying that there would be an external
> program shipped for the purpose of AFT and I figured it could be a
> multipurpose program.  When they start that external "helper" program
> they could have the choice of scanning the files and creating the
> necessary data for the robust AFT and as a SEPARATE option they can
> perform the fuzzy song corelation that would also require interaction.
>
> That is already in the works.
>
> --Jeff

Bringing up the work that Soren has been working on it could search for songs
that are like 99% similar and ask if the user wants to group those songs
together. Instead of or along with fuzzy tag search. Just another Idea I
thought would compliment the original idea of this thread.

--

							-Cody Christensen