No Playback Fedora 10 64-bit

Justin Brown justin.brown1.1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 23:42:22 UTC 2008

Hi,
I'm typically a Kubuntu user, but have recently switched to Fedora 10. On
Kubuntu, I could never get Project Neon to work; it would always crash or
not be able to playback anything. I figured the packages were out of date or
something else was wrong with them. However, I have the exact same problem
on Fedora 10. I can build my collection, but when I try to play anything
(tried aac, mp3, and flac) the progress bar fills up within a second, and it
switches to the next song. There's no audio and no errors. Amarok reports
version 1.98. I don't have trouble with audio in any other programs. Could
someone please help?

System info:
Fedora 10 64-bit
Kernel 2.6.27-5