a minor nit 1.94

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 4 22:41:53 UTC 2008

'Twas brillig, and Rex Dieter at 04/12/08 15:28 did gyre and gimble:
> Colin Guthrie wrote:
>
>> The xine support for PA has always been
>> below par compared to gstreamer in my experience.
>
> Is your experience before or after xine-lib-1.1.12?
>
> I ask because it was Lennart Poettering (aka Mr. pulseaudio) that
> fixed/improved the xine-lib-pulseaudio sink upstream in the xine-lib-1.1.12
> timeframe.  But perhaps the new glitch-free pa stuff warrants another look.

Yeah, I work with Lennart quite a bit on PA (see sig ;))

His patches definitely helped a lot but I still had some quite nasty
issues (pre-GF it has to be said) with phonon + xine... It was all
mostly timing related. Xine itself seemed to work OK, although did have
a weird issue whereby it always revert to 0% volume. I didn't really
have time to look too deeply into the code (hence why i'm not really
moaning about it, with gusto!!) as we had a management decision to use
GStreamer in Mdv so I just had to concentrate on making that not-suck
for the most part...

I do need to look into the xine stuff again tho' as things have
obviously moved on since then... it's just a matter of finding the time! :)

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie