Scrobbling through proxy does still not work in RC 1

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Mon Dec 1 20:12:22 UTC 2008

On 1 Dec 2008, at 20:06, Jeff Mitchell wrote:

>> The proper solution involves getting proxy data out of KDE itself. I
>> am investigating how to do this (where investigating==waiting to talk
>> to thiago). Whether or not this gets into Amarok 2.0 depends on how
>> complicated it is to implement. In any case, we will have a few quick
>> 2.0.x releases to address bugs, and this will be fixed at the
>> earliest
>> opportunity.
>
> The real proper solution is to use the configured system proxy
> settings,
> for whichever system you are on (Qt is cross-platform after all).
> Per-application settings are annoying, and if the user doesn't know a
> particular application needs them, they may not figure out why things
> work.  If Qt did this (I was told, very recently, that it doesn't), it
> would make lives much easier.  Tell Thiago  :-)

Huh?

the way it is going to work is liblastfm is going to use your KDE
proxy settings (i don't know if those are the same as the configured
system proxy settings). KDE settings are not per-application settings,
though, they are more desktop-wide (obviously on mac and window they
should pull the system ones, though i dont think it does that yet).

leo

---
Leo Franchi				(650) 704 3680
Tufts University 2010