Moodbar in Amarok 2.0?

Ofir Klinger klinger.ofir at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 21:01:19 UTC 2008

Are you talking about "acoustic fingerprinting and audio similarity"?

I looked at it, and it sounds great.

However, it doesn't replace Moodbar since it won't create a colorful bar
like Moodbar creates, as the author said:

>* quick question - would this also result in moodbar-like implementation
*>* (for the seekbar, for example) ?
*
Good question, and the answer is "probably not".  The moodbar
calculation algorithm creates a set of vectors that correspond to time
slices of the track, and then these time slices can be laid out on the
seekbar.  The Marsyas algorithm creates just one vector which averages
a bunch of time slices, so it can't really be mapped to points in the
file.

Moodbar gives enormous impression on people doesn't know Amarok. Moreover,
it makes navigation in the file much easier.

If there is a great part in a song, I remember it only by its colors.

I think that visual presentation of the song is also required, in addition
to the presentation provided by Soren Harward solution.

www.ubuntu.com