amarok takes too long to load a playlist....

Gleb Litvjak blaster999 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 07:13:37 UTC 2007

On Friday 03 August 2007 06:21:46 Kevin Williams wrote:
> > I have one playlist with 1110 mp3s downloaded and takes about 1 minute
> > to load them from a local directory.  This is also 1.4.6 SuSE 10.3
>
> Sorry, Donn, I don't understand what is it that you intend to tell me. :-(
>
> As I mentioned before, none of the playlists have problem except the one in
> question. I have a playlist which has 1300+ flacs and mp3 which loads up in
> less than a minute !

My guess is that there is/are files in the playlist in question that make
amarok choke. Try "binary search": divide the playlist in 2 parts, and load
them separately to see which takes longer to load. Then divide that part and
so on -- this way you can find the offender.
--
Registered Linux user #439949
http://counter.li.org/